gogoyoko are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data gogoyoko collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how gogoyoko will treat it.
INFORMATION GOGOYOKO MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
gogoyoko may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the gogoyoko website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any services, posting material or requesting further services. gogoyoko may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- gogoyoko may also ask you to complete surveys that are used for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Any other data that you knowingly choose to disclose.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
gogoyoko may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, gogoyoko may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although gogoyoko will do its best to protect your personal data, gogoyoko cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
gogoyoko uses information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which gogoyoko feels may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by gogoyoko and you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
gogoyoko may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If gogoyoko has received your permission;
- To enforce gogoyoko’s Terms and Conditions or to protect gogoyoko’s rights;
- To protect the safety of other users;
- To report law enforcement authorities and/or organised interest groups on violations against gogoyoko’s Terms and Conditions;
- In the event that gogoyoko sells or buys any business or assets, in which case gogoyoko may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If gogoyoko or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
gogoyoko can however share non-personally identifiable information with third parties, for example to provide more relevant services and advertisements to users.
After registering on gogoyoko’s website you can start using the Products and Services available on the website and creating your own account.
The information you register on your account, as well as your name, e-mail address and photo, are displayed to others in order to facilitate user-interaction in gogoyoko’s social networking community.
Please note that you post information on your account at your own risk. By posting information on your account the information can be accessed by the public, who may for example use it to send you unsolicited communications.
You can always modify or remove your personal information on your account by logging into your account and accessing features such as “edit profile”. Removed information may persist in backup copies for some period of time but it will not be generally available to other users of gogoyoko.
If you want to de-activate your account you can also do that on your account page.
LINKS AND THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
gogoyoko takes appropriate precautions to protect collected personal information against unlawful destruction, against accidental loss or alteration and against unauthorised access.
All personal information is stored in a secure database. gogoyoko’s member accounts are also secured by created passwords and users are urged to take precautions to protect their personal information on their account by changing passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers and using a secure web browser.
Although gogoyoko will do its best to protect your personal data, gogoyoko cannot guarantee the security of your data and disclaims all liability in this regard.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
By using gogoyoko you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in Iceland.
MISUSE OF INFORMATION
Privacy and Support Department
In the event of any dispute of any nature that may arise between you and gogoyoko, both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the District Court of Reykjavík.